Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Banned: Boise Farmer's Market

So, this weekend, my wife did something terrible:  She made me go to the Boise Farmer's Market.  Let me first say, this is an awesome farmer's market.  It is by far the largest that I have ever been to (which may not be saying much, I don't go to these often), and had stalls galore.  All sorts of vegetables and flowers, artisan breads, and, of course, sugar.  They had basically all of my favorite things, many of which tempted me to the brink of disaster.  The first was an awesome root beer stand.  Those of you who know me well know I can't refuse a well-crafted root beer.  This guy had a great looking root beer and an even better looking cream soda on tap.  Emily would not let me even try some.  There was also a guy making home-made, amazing-looking donuts with powdered sugar on them.  There was candy, caramelized popcorn, and a bunch of other stuff.

Honestly, it was a really amazing place to visit.  Of course, I told Emily it was the last time we would be able to go.  The kids were disappointed about this, but I am just not yet in a position to not be tempted beyond my power at a place like this.  I mean, when you can get a dozen fresh, still piping hot, out-of-the-oven donuts with powdered sugar for only $3.00, it is reasonable to expect someone to resist once.  But twice?  No chance.

No comments: