Monday, June 4, 2012

Three Weeks In, and No, I Won't Be Doing the Paleo Diet!

Well, I am three weeks into my quest to not eat any sugar.  Although I admit I was a little disappointed last week, I received a great note from a friend of mine, Paul.  Paul, who is a modern-age philosopher of sorts, gave me this sage advice, which he heard from another modern-age philosopher, Mike Tyson:  "Everybody's got plans . . . till they get hit."  Wise words.  Of course, Mike Tyson also said:  "I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off."  I don't know if the first quote was made before or after Mike Tyson became a changed man. 


Mike Tyson before being a changed man.

Mike Tyson after being a changed man.
Anyway, despite the various stupid things Mike Tyson has said, I think he is right on on this one:  Of course you have a plan until you get hit in the face.  The question is what you do after you get hit (as Paul reminded me).  Well, in my case, I am getting back up and moving forward.  Unlike Mike Tyson, I have not had any cravings for another man's ear, so I feel like I am lucky.

Having said that, I want to alleviate Melanie's fears about be trying out the Paleo diet.  Despite what I may have said on Friday, in reality I have no plans to actually start this diet.  Most of the doctors out there agree with Melanie that the diet isn't really the best, and, as Melanie mentioned, the life expectancy of a neanderthal was about 30 years, which would already put me well past my prime.  But, after all the things Melanie has said, it is nice to know that deep down inside, she really does care!  Thanks Melanie!

No comments: