Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Five Sugarless Weeks

Okay, I have been out of town and not posting, but just so everyone is fully aware, I am officially on week five of my sugar-free lifestyle.  I honestly can't believe that I have only been doing this for five weeks.  It seems a lot longer.  Anyway, this week I missed some amazing (I mean really amazing) deserts at my sister's wedding.  I felt bad, because Jennifer (my sister, the bride) begged me to have a piece of the wedding case, but I couldn't do it.  I did promise her I would have one of the frozen pieces that they were saving for the one-year anniversary.  I am not sure if this is legitimate (usually, I think, only the bride and groom do this, but there really is no precedent on whether others can join in on eating the cake after a year), but I really don't care.  We froze a piece of our cake when we got married, and as I recall, it was disgusting.  Anyway, the event was wonderful all around, but the cake and other sugary treats were outdone only by the flowers that my wife did (Emily did all the flowers for the wedding, and she did an absolutely fabulous job).  My pictures won't do these deserts justice,  but here is a sampling of what I missed (believe me, there was more where this all came from!).

Okay, I am showing you one of the centerpieces for the wedding
first because they are great, though not edible.  Emily did such a
 good job, I have no idea why she doesn't open up a business.  If
you agree, email her and tell her she is crazy for not doing this
 professionally. 

Known as "buntinis," these little mini bunt cakes naturally
came in my favorite flavors:  lemon, chocolate, and red velvet


Little "cake squares" of chocolate and white cake.

This is the wedding cake.  Apparently, my sister (the bride) couldn't
even chose the fruit filling because the baker insisted on only using
the best, highest-quality fruit available the day before the wedding.

No comments: